Starting and Growing Your Business
These workshops cover what you need to know and do to launch a new business, create a business plan or planning process, and raise money. These topics are also useful for some existing businesses looking to grow and reinvest in new areas.
- Questions Before Starting a Business
- Create the Business Plan That's Right for You
- Funding a Small Business
- Lean Start-Up
Marketing and Sales
These workshops cover how to acquire and retain customers through traditional marketing and selling techniques as well as newly evolving digital media marketing. These popular workshops now include a monthly series in timely digital media topics taught by practicing experts and SCORE mentors.
- Marketing Strategies
- Marketing on a Shoestring
- Digital Media Marketing Series, comprising topics such as tweets, likes and pins; Linkedin; Twitter, Google+ and Instagram; building website traffic; converting website traffic to sales; blogging and email marketing; Facebook promotions; internet promotional advertising; social media marketing; using video online
- The "About Us" Page: What About You?
- Sales Process 101
- Cold Calling Techniques
Finance and Accounting
This group of workshops covers accounting and accounting software, taxation regulation and planning, financial reporting, and the merging of small business financial management with your personal finances. SCORE partners with the NY State Society of CPAs and other accounting firms in delivering many of these workshops.
- QuickBooks (hands-on and demo)
- QuickBooks CRM
- QuickBooks Online
- QuickBooks Inventory Management
- Tax Planning, NYSSCPA
- Accounting and Finance Basics, NYSSCPA
- Personal Finance/Business Finance
Leadership and Management
This group of workshops cover critical aspects of leading an organization of one person, you the entrepreneur, or of many people. Managing risk, intellectual property, and employees under the law are included. Our popular Business Owner’s Roundtable, comprised of established small business owners in a peer-to-peer format led by a SCORE mentor, meets regularly in mid-town, and is now open to new members.
- Business Owner’s Roundtable
- How to Manage/Lead
- Managing Risk—Protecting Your Business
- Managing Intellectual Property
- Employment Law/HR Management
- Technology Solutions for Small Business
- Excel Techniques for Small Business Owners
Industry/Sector Specific Workshops
This group of workshops covers a wide range of industry sectors. Experienced industry experts delve into critical success factors, practical advice, and in-depth understanding of specific business models and structures.
- International Trade--Imports and Exports
- Launch and Grow Food Products Business
- Retail/Wholesale Basics
- Non-Profits: A Practical Guide
- Starting and Operating a Restaurant
- Is a Franchise Business Right for You