For over 50 years, SCORE mentors have provided solutions and answers for free to thousands of entrepreneurs and small business owners across this City. Last year, SCORE volunteers helped 5,000 entrepreneurs start small businesses and achieve new levels of success in their existing businesses creating more jobs for metropolitan region.
Volunteering at SCORE is a way for you to give back to your community, connect with fellow business owners, and pass on your knowledge and expertise to the next generation of entrepreneurs in your community. SCORE volunteers provide confidential business mentoring services, both in person and online. We lead seminars and workshops to help small business owners meet their goals and achieve success.
If you are interested, we have many opportunities to contribute to our organization and business community. We provide training and support. You provide your skills, talents, passion and energy to give others hope and help them succeed.
SCORE NYC is actively recruiting volunteers in these areas:
- Certified Primary Mentors 10+ years of experience required as a senior executive or the owner of a business with broad-based experience AND available 10 hours a month.
- Professional Specialists such as an accountant, import/export, patent or trademark attorney, insurance broker, social media expert, non-profits, health care, entertainment, restaurateur or retailer who can bring specific expertise to the business community.
- Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Web Design, eCommerce, Graphic Design, Social Media, Speakers, Translators, Outreach, Fundraising, Operations who can help us connect and engage with our community.
- Administration and Office Support Comfortable with Microsoft Word, Excel, internet, and e-mail and able to volunteer at least 10 hours/month. Help organize seminars and workshops, plan event plan, engage with clients using Constant Contact, and develop marketing materials and written procedures for office activities.
- Business Development and Community Outreach: People with experience in business development with partners and fundraising in Manhattan, Brooklyn and The Bronx.
As a SCORE Volunteer You Can:
- Share your success and expertise through mentoring
- Lead workshops and seminars
- Provide online or telephone mentoring directly from your home or office
- Serve in a leadership capacity with SCORE
- Serve within other capacity at SCORE (Marketing, IT, administration, finance, fundraising, HR, etc.)
- Have flexibility with your volunteering time
Benefits of Volunteering:
- SCORE volunteers enjoy a variety of personal, local and national rewards. As a SCORE Volunteer, you:
- Enjoy the satisfaction of contributing to the success of others
- Share great experience with other SCORE volunteers
- Provide leadership in the business community
- Gain recognition and respect as a business mentor
- Grow professionally and personally
- Participate in lifelong learning
- Make new friends