DURATION: 2 hours including Q & A
11am to 1pm Eastern Time
Need to protect your Intellectual Property?
Did you know Intellectual property theft costs the economy between $225 and $600 billion a year? Want to avoid being a statistic?
Intellectual property is one of your most valuable assets. Many of you know the terms copyright, trademark and IP (Intellectual Property) but may not be totally familiar with how it relates to your business. For example, what assets are protectable under Intellectual Property (IP), or how your work is protected from infringement by others.
Attend this webinar and learn from Laurie Marshall, Esq, a lawyer specializing in IP, how trademarks, copyrights and other measures can protect what you may value most, your ideas, your brand, your intellectual property.
- Trademarks: What they protect, establishing rights, registration and maintenance
- Trademarks: Misnomers and understanding trademark search and availability
- Trademarks: How to protect your marks against Infringers
- How to Protect the Unprotectable
- Copyrights: What they protect, establishing rights, registration of Copyrights
- Copyrights: Artistic vs. functional & infringement vs. inspiration
- Trade Secrets and Works Made for Hire
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
At the end of this webinar, you will have the knowledge and resources to:
- Define key legal terms: copyright, trademark, Intellectual property, trade secrets, works made for hire
- Explain what assets are protectable while complying with IP Laws
- Describe the ways to protect IP: filing copyright and trademark applications, copyright & trademark notices, using IP correctly so it does not enter public domain or become generic, cease and desist letters.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Business owners, marketing and advertising professionals and in-house lawyers.
PRESENTER: LAURIE MARSHALL
For over 20 years, Laurie has been counseling clients on trademarks, copyrights and the legal aspects of branding. Laurie was trademark counsel for Major League Baseball for 10 years and continues to represent many MLB clubs, the National Basketball Association and hundreds of small businesses. She speaks regularly on the Legal Aspects of Branding a Small Business at events and conferences throughout the country. She holds a JD from Hofstra University School of Law.
This is a paid event costing $45.
There will be no refunds for this webinar unless SCORE NYC cancels it.