188 Madison Avenue, Room 15
Between East 34th and East 35th Streets
New York, NY, 10016
Who should attend?
For start-ups, aspiring food entrepreneurs, small business/restaurant or other food establishment owners wanting to launch a food product and small food manufacturers who want to grow their business.
Do you have a culinary concept, recipe or food products already on the market? Are you running a food or drink establishment and want to launch your own food product? This information-packed workshop will help you understand how to take advantage of the trends in the growing $140 billion retail and food service U.S. specialty foods market. Your food idea can become a marketplace reality!
Industry expert Terry Frishman will lead you through the key steps to effectively create, manufacture, package, distribute and market your delicious food products. Whether you own a food establishment or want to start marketing food products, her dynamic, energetic, strategic approach will give you the confidence to start moving forward!
She provides valuable insights into how food industry trends, along with your own personal values can determine what product value to create and how to market it.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Summarize specialty food and natural food industries, and the top trends in those sectors
- Explain the importance of a mission
- Describe how can integrate your new food product with your existing food or drink establishment (restaurant, bar or food product channels)
- Define powerful product positioning and the importance of packaging based on industry trends
- Explain the role of food scientists and shelf-life testing
- Discuss production, pricing and sales distribution strategies to enhance your brand
- Outline criteria for promotion, sales materials and PR “first steps”
Instructor: Terry Frishman
Terry Frishman, industry thought leader, Columbia MBA and Principal of the boutique food consultancy Culinest, inspires food start-ups and more established culinary businesses to layer values into their businesses, innovate and profitably excell. Her varied and broad experience includes being an International Sales Manager for Sarabeths as well and Brand Manager for Kraft foods.
She has provided technical assistance to smaller small food companies such as The Lobster Pot and Delicias Andinas, helping them to become better positioned for sales growth.
She has appeared at numerous trade shows including the Fancy Food Show and Expo East and as a guest on the Food Network. She regularly conducts culinary business class. Terry is a Kiva Trustee, and a member of the Culinary Institute of America's Society of Fellows.
Workshop Fees: Online registration $59, walk-ins $69
There is a $10 discount on all Student and SEAP registrations (valid ID must be presented at the door; bring SEAP form to the workshop).