Are you a woman who wants to take the fear out of finance?
This segment of Money 101 which focuses on INVESTMENTS. It includes FOUR 2-hour Zoom sessions in which we explore financial issues in an intimate setting. Small breakout rooms ensure active participation and online discussion with your instructor and your peers.
During these webinar sessions, experienced financial planning and marketing expert Diane Drey will take you through the ways to manage your investments more effectively, make the right financial decisions and help you plan for the future.
At the end of this 4-session Investments series, you will have the resources and knowledge to:
- Distinguish between, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, electronic traded funds
- Determine what is the most appropriate diversification strategy for you based on when you will need your money.
- Describe the selections and how to make better investment choices for an employer-sponsored 401k plan
- Explain what is a “target date fund” and why it may be your best choice for long term savings.
- Recognize the importance of an employee match and vesting schedule for a 401k plan
- Differentiate between a Roth IRA and Traditional IRA to enable you to decide which is the best plan for you
- Use a free tool to help you research mutual fund expense ratios, performance, and risk relative to its category
- Identify what questions to ask to ask before making any investment
- Summarize the ways the brokerage community makes money off your investment
PLUS IF THERE IS TIME:
- Determine when it makes the most sense for you to start taking your Social Security retirement benefits
Rules of the Road: BEFORE YOU REGISTER, please be certain you can:
- Attend all 4 sessions in the segment. This represents a commitment to yourself and others in the group
- Work in front of a full screen computer, allowing screen sharing in a quiet area to allow you to concentrate
- Agree to complete pre-work before each session. Optimizes your learning experience by enabling you to discuss concepts and examples with your peers and instructor.
Instructor: Diane Drey
Diane was formerly CEO of a New York Metro bottled-water manufacturing and distributing company. Her expertise is in financial planning and marketing. She holds an MBA in finance and has over 30-years’ experience running her own firm.
She light-heartedly calls herself the "Money Lady" and focuses on business owners achieving profitability.
Sign Up Now!
Fee for 4 Sessions is $120. Early Bird Fee $100 if You Register by July 16.
No refunds unless cancelled by SCORE NYC. No refunds for missed sessions.
The Money 101 Webinar for Women now includes four segments:
1. Foundation: W-2, 1099 Earnings, Budgeting, Personal Financial Statements, Credit
2. Investments: Stocks and Bonds, Mutual Funds, Long Term Savings, 401K, Roth IRA, Social Security
3. Taxation: Personal Tax Returns, Schedule C Business Income, Self-Employment Tax, Home Office Deductions
4. Real Estate: Buying Property for Personal or Investment Reasons