The Knowledge You Need to Take the Fear Out of Finance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Are you a woman who wants to take the fear out of finance? If you are planning to start your own business or want knowledge about basic financial skills and strategies, this 5-session course is for you.
The Foundation course is the first segment of the Money 101 program for women. The course includes five interactive webinars beginning October 17 (Mondays) or October 19 (Wednesdays). You have your choice of Monday or Wednesday classes!
These five 2-hour Zoom sessions will explore financial issues in an intimate setting. Small breakout rooms ensure active participation and online discussion with your instructor and your peers.
During these five webinars, experienced financial planning and marketing expert Diane Drey will start with basics and take you through the ways to manage money more effectively, make the right financial decisions and plan for the future.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
At the end of this FOUNDATION course, you will be able to:
- Describe the difference between W-2 and 1099 earnings and the tax implications of different types of employment
- Outline what benefits you should ask about when discussing potential employment
- Summarize the rules for hiring independent contractors, and if you are employed as an independent contractor know how to report earnings on your tax return
- Prepare a personal cash budget to help manage cash flow
- Complete a personal financial statement, including appropriate listing of assets and liabilities
- Describe the criteria a lender will use to approve your loan request, including credit reports and income/debt ratios
- Make yourself a more attractive candidate for funding
Rules of the Road
BEFORE YOU REGISTER Please be certain you can:
- Attend all 5 sessions in the course. This represents a commitment to yourself and others in the group
- Work in front of a full screen computer, allowing screen sharing in a quiet area to allow you to concentrate
- Agree to complete pre-work before each session. Optimizes your learning experience by enabling you to discuss concepts and examples with your peers and instructor. Pre-work should take approximately 2 hours before the second, third, fourth and fifth sessions.
- Use calculator or application if needed to make math calculations.
- Complete the PRE-CLASS Questionnaire upon enrollment or before October 1st. The Questionnaire helps assess your current financial knowledge so the sessions can meet your needs. You will receive the link to the questionnaire AFTER enrollment.
- If you do not complete the questionnaire, you will not be enrolled in the program and your fee will be returned.
This is the First course of the Money 101 Webinar Program for Women Entrepreneurs:
Take the Fear out of Finance!
- FOUNDATION: W-2, 1099 Earnings, Budgeting, Personal Financial Statements, Credit
- INVESTMENTS: Stocks and Bonds, Diversification to Meet Your Goals
- TAXATION: Personal Tax Returns, Self-Employment Tax, Home Office Deductions
- REAL ESTATE: Buying Property for Personal or Investment Reasons
- MONEY & LIFE CYCLE EVENTS: Birth, College Savings, Marriage & Pre-Nuptial Agreements, Divorce, Retirement
Mondays 10/17; 10/24; 11/07; 11/14; 11/21 or
Wednesdays 10/19; 10/26; 11/09; 11/16; and 11/22 (Tuesday due to Thanksgiving)
Time: 4:30-6:30pm Eastern Time
Fee: $125 for 5 sessions. $25.00 early bird discount if you register by October 1st, 2022. No refunds for missed sessions.
Registration is limited to 15 for each series, Mondays and Wednesdays.
SIGN UP NOW!
Instructor: Diane Drey
Diane was formerly CEO of a New York Metro bottled-water manufacturing and distributing company. Her expertise is in financial planning and marketing. She holds an MBA in finance and has over 30-years’ experience running her own firm.
She light-heartedly calls herself the "Money Lady" and focuses on business owners achieving profitability.