188 Madison Avenue
New York, NY, 10016
Who Should Attend?
Start-up entrepreneurs looking to create and launch a new brand; established small business owners wanting to strengthen their brands and stand out from their competition.
No prerequisites for this workshop.
Brands mean higher sales, profit margins and price-sales ratios, especially if you do business online. More than that, they create customer loyalty, provide credibility and help attract new customers, clients and opportunities.
But branding is a process, and a brand is the result of this process.
During this interactive five-hour workshop, experts with more than twenty years of branding and legal experience will lead you through the key steps to effectively develop, protect and grow a brand, and integrate your brand story into a pitch. You will learn the strategic thinking behind brand creation and how to use it to develop and market your product or service.
This workshop explore the different types of intellectual property and how to ensure your brand is unique and truly your own.
At the end of this workshop, you will have the ability to:
- Understand what makes brands resonate and connect emotionally over time
- List eight fundamental steps towards creating brands that customers love
- Work your brand story into a powerful pitch.
- Comprehend the importance of protecting intellectual property and why trademarks and copyrights are integral to the brand process
- Describe intellectual property strategies to protect and leverage your brand
What attendees say about this workshop:
- This is one of the best seminars I have taken at SCORE
- I now have a sense of what it is I do not know - and that is a huge step forward.
- Excellent,,very knowledgeable and experienced (instructors).
- Use of real life cases to illustrate a point is a real plus
- Straight forward ability to break the subject down into digestible and usable pieces
- Detailed. Engaged. Deep and compelling knowledge base
Mary has in-depth knowledge of branding, new products, and business development/management in a variety of settings. She is an expert on inbound and outbound marketing for profit and non-profit companies. She spent more than 30 years at Colgate-Palmolive managing and building global brands such as Palmolive, Colgate, and Ajax. She previously worked in the retailing, nonprofit and publishing sectors. Mary has an MBA in Marketing and Finance from Columbia Business School. She is a certified SCORE mentor.
Laurie Marshall is the Founder and President of Marshall Law Group (TradeMarks The Spot), a business designed to help entrepreneurs and small business owners protect their intellectual property, specifically their trademarks. Laurie has been a trademark attorney for close to 20 years and has worked for several well-known firms in New York City. She also spent 10 years as Major League Baseball's in-house counsel. Her client list includes many Major League Baseball Clubs, the National Basketball Association and hundreds of entrepreneurs who have started their small businesses in a variety of industries.
Workshop Fees: Online registration $59, walk-ins $69
There is a $10 discount on all Student and SEAP registrations (valid ID must be presented at the door; bring SEAP form to workshop).